Thursday, February 11, 2016
A Dog's Day or Not
Tonight I spent my evening at the City Commissioners meeting where supposedly a vote was going to take place on the plight of our very dilapidated Animal Shelter. Our shelter is truly not repairable and we need a new one. Many citizens spoke on behalf of the Shelter and the end result was that the commissioners all needed more time to make sure they all had the same information before they could make a decision on to proceed with this project or not. I have to assume that none of them knew the Boy Scout's motto "Be Prepared". During the course of all this, someone had to start with the race issue and bring up how Marshall has a racial problem and we don't support our town like we support the Shelter issue and on and on . Now, this was about the animals in Marshall , their lack of care and the very high kill rate we have. I have never known a Caucasian dog or and African American dog, I think they are just all dogs. I think they all think the same way I do - I actually have 4 of these little fur babies and I can tell you , I can be gone 5 minutes or 5 hours and they greet me the same way - they are so excited to see me and clamor for just a pat on the head or a few minutes of lap time. Dogs are amazing , they love you unconditionally , they forgive without a moments hesitation and they never forget you. They don't have to live as long as we do - they get it right from the moment they are born. Humans could learn volumes of behavior from dogs, I think they act like God would like us to act,,, and we call ourselves the Superior Beings...hmmm
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment