Monday, February 8, 2016

Today was all about work ... Taxes , insurance reporting and books. A couple came by to get their taxes done , the man used to work with Wayne in the oilfield and he had always visited with him when he came by the office . Wayne really enjoyed the conversations with this man and our intention was to have them for dinner sometime.  Today they stayed a while and shared some very amusing stories about one of their children and his antics on running away in situations that made him uncomfortable, they were very animated and quite interesting. The visit was lighthearted and full of laughter .. I suddenly regretted that I never got around to asking them to dinner. I regretted that I did not take the time to get to know them better and realized that I most likely missed out on several moments of joy by not spending a little time in their company . This is where I tell you .. Don't spend all your time at the office, Life is happening while you are sitting in that office and honestly as short as life is , you really don't want to miss any part of it.  Act on your intentions , so what if  it all does not work out exactly as you plan , it is just for today !

No comments:

Post a Comment